Spring Training w/ my bff (we just ran a half marathon....very tired)

Spring Training w/ my bff (we just ran a half marathon....very tired)
Lakeland, FL

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Baseball is HERE!

Every year I look forward to attending spring training in Lakeland, FL. It's a great time of year; I get to hang out with my family, my college roomie and her fam, and we get to enjoy the intimate setting of Joker Marchant stadium in Lakeland, FL. My sister's bday corresponds so it all works out for a great celebration and generally, decent weather. There is nothing quite like seeing your baseball heroes up close and personal, reclining on the berm, playing with the kids and having a cold beer on a gorgeous spring day. Well, for a number of reasons I won't be in attendance this year, and I feel like my baseball season is not off on the right foot. I didn't really plan to go down this year; I had been underemployed for so long and could really not justify the expense (last year fiance and I spent $1000 just in airfare; we also had meals, rental car, and hotel rooms to pay for). So, for those of you lucky enough to be enjoying sunny Florida, take pics, get autographs, report back in full and....ENJOY! Hopefully I will be down again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment