Spring Training w/ my bff (we just ran a half marathon....very tired)

Spring Training w/ my bff (we just ran a half marathon....very tired)
Lakeland, FL

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Eight Mile, and not the movie

Sorry to be so boring, posting from the comfort of my couch. I worked at Ford Field all day yesterday for the Monster Jam event (super loud; super smelly) so did not get home until late yet again, then got up today and ran 6+ miles in 19 degree weather (heat wave!) so I'm a little off my game. What I learned today: at 8 mile and Woodward near the State Fairgrounds is Michigan's first ever-three-point intersection. I didn't make this up, there is an actual historic marker there. If you are driving on Woodward you can go up and over 8 mile, avoiding that interesection, or you can continue on Woodward or turn to 8 mile. Apparently in the 1950's it was such a busy intersection that the overpass was developed to help ease congestion. Pretty cool! What else I learned: drivers on Woodward will in fact give you your entire own lane if you are running in the street. Thank you, drivers! The sidewalks are still treachery with ice and snow. I certainly appreciate the kindness as it probably saved me from a broken something or other.

No comments:

Post a Comment